Awards and recognition
Across our companies, we are focused on the fundamentals of our business: world-class reliability, safety, operating efficiency, customer care and financial discipline. These organizations have recognized our accomplishments:
- Arbor Day Foundation – We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service were selected as Tree Line USA utilities. The award, sponsored by the National Arbor Day Foundation, in cooperation with the National Association of State Foresters, recognizes the companies’ efforts in providing dependable, reliable service, while using best-practice vegetation management techniques.
- The Business Council (TBC) – TBC, an affiliate of the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce, named We Energies as its Strategic Partner of the Year. TBC cited the company’s success in establishing supplier diversity-related objectives and coaching employees to achieve those goals through better business and procurement practices.
- Business Worldwide – Executive Chairman Gale Klappa, who served as CEO of WEC Energy Group through January 2019, was named “Best CEO — Electricity and Natural Gas Industry” and “Growth Strategy CEO of the Year — USA” by Business Worldwide magazine. The Business Worldwide CEO Awards honor C-level executives across the globe from a variety of different sectors.
- Electric Power Research Institute – Once again, multiple WEC Energy Group employees were presented with Technology Transfer Awards for their achievements in research and development. Researchers in the Environmental and Power Generation departments received awards for their work on selenium measurement techniques and wastewater treatment technology.
- Escalent – The research and consulting firm recognized Peoples Gas as an Environmental Champion, based on the results of a residential customer survey.
- FTSE Russell – WEC Energy Group remained in the FTSE4Good Index Series, which is made up of companies that reflect strong environmental, social and governance risk management practices. This sustainability tool helps investors create investment funds and benchmark their performance.
- Hispanic American Construction Industry Association – The association presented Peoples Gas and North Shore Gas with a Corporate Leadership Award, recognizing the companies for their attention to supplier diversity in connection with improving the Chicago area’s natural gas delivery network.
- PA Consulting Group – For the ninth consecutive year, We Energies received the Regional ReliabilityOne Award for outstanding electric reliability performance in the Midwest. In addition, Wisconsin Public Service was recognized for the first time as an outstanding midsize utility.
- S&P Global Platts – In the 2019 Global Energy Awards, S&P Platts named Executive Chairman Gale Klappa as a finalist for the Lifetime Achievement Award, and WEC Energy Group as a finalist for Construction Project of the Year, based on the company’s new natural gas generating units in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
- United Way – Brown County United Way presented Wisconsin Public Service with the Meritorious Support Award for longstanding support and commitment to the nonprofit organization.
- Verdantix – The independent research firm selected WEC Energy Group for the International EHS Innovation Award, based on our efforts to expand our environmental management program to cover more programs and subsidiaries, leveraging cloud-based environmental, health and safety software.
- Wisconsin Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) – As part of a Department of Defense program promoting cooperation between civilian employers and their National Guard and Reserve employees, Wisconsin ESGR presented WEC Energy Group with the Above and Beyond Award. The organization cited the company’s “unparalleled support” of employees serving the nation in a military reserve capacity.