Awards and recognition
Across our companies, we are focused on the fundamentals of our business: world-class reliability, safety, operating efficiency, customer care and financial discipline. These organizations have recognized our accomplishments:
- Arbor Day Foundation – We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service (WPS) were again selected as Tree Line USA utilities. The award recognizes the companies’ efforts in providing dependable, reliable service while using best-practice vegetation management techniques.
- Boy Scouts of America’s Three Harbors Council – WEC Energy Group Executive Chairman Gale Klappa received the council’s Distinguished Citizen Award, recognizing his leadership, both at the company and in the community. The council noted Klappa’s dedication to supporting future leaders and economic opportunity in southeast Wisconsin.
- EPRI – Multiple WEC Energy Group employees were presented with Technology Transfer Awards for their achievements in research and development. Areas of research included automation and equipment monitoring.
- Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin – The Wisconsin Public Service Foundation received the Irene “Billie” Kress Community Impact Award, which honors a strong commitment to the mission of strengthening children and families. The foundation has provided support to Family Services for over 30 years.
- FTSE Russell – WEC Energy Group was again included as a constituent of the FTSE4Good Index Series, which is made up of companies that reflect strong environmental, social and governance practices. This sustainability tool helps investors create investment funds and benchmark their performance.
- Illinois Legislative Black Caucus Foundation – Peoples Gas was recognized with the Legacy Award for supporting the foundation and its scholarship program for the past 20 years.
- Investor’s Business Daily – The newspaper included WEC Energy Group in its 2022 list of Best ESG Companies, highlighting companies committed to sustainable and ethical business practices.
- Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance – Peoples Gas received the Inspiring Efficiency Award in recognition of its innovative partnership with Chicago Public Schools. Over the past two years, the Peoples Gas Public Sector Energy Efficiency Program delivered significant energy efficiency improvements to 395 schools, along with $3.7 million in incentives.
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development – WEC Energy Group again received the Vets Ready Employer Initiative Award, which honors Wisconsin employers for demonstrating a commitment to hiring veterans, supporting their veteran workforce and connecting with the veteran community.