Awards and recognition
Across our companies, we are focused on the fundamentals of our business: world-class reliability, safety, operating efficiency, customer care and financial discipline. These organizations have recognized our accomplishments:
- Arbor Day Foundation – We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service (WPS) were again selected as Tree Line USA utilities. The award, sponsored by the National Arbor Day Foundation, in cooperation with the National Association of State Foresters, recognizes the companies’ efforts in providing dependable, reliable service, while using best-practice vegetation management techniques.
- Casa Central – Peoples Gas was presented with the 2020 Corporate Partner Award for the company’s longtime volunteer work and partnership with Casa Central, the largest Hispanic social service agency in the Midwest.
- Electric Power Research Institute – EPRI presented WEC Energy Group with a Technology Transfer Award for collaboration on the energy-climate analysis that has informed our climate report.
- Escalent – Peoples Gas and WPS were named among the “Most Trusted Brands” and “Easiest to Do Business With” in a national survey of more than 70,000 utility customers by Escalent, a leading behavior and analytics firm. Escalent also named Peoples Gas and WPS to its “Customer Champions” list, the firm’s most significant recognition for a given year.
- Forbes – The magazine listed WEC Energy Group as one of America’s Best Employers by State for Wisconsin. Forbes based its rankings on anonymous employee surveys covering topics including safety at work, competitive compensation, opportunities for advancement and openness to telecommuting.
- FTSE Russell – WEC Energy Group remained in the FTSE4Good Index Series, which is made up of companies that reflect strong environmental, social and governance risk management practices. This sustainability tool helps investors create investment funds and benchmark their performance.
- North Central Minority Supplier Development Council (NCMSDC) – WEC Energy Group employee Dori Naef, strategic sourcing manager — distribution, was named 2020 Procurement Officer of the Year for her leadership in supply chain/procurement and support for supplier diversity within the company and the NCMSDC network.
- PA Consulting Group – For the 10th consecutive year, We Energies received the Regional ReliabilityOne Award for outstanding electric reliability performance in the Midwest. In presenting the award, PA Consulting Group noted We Energies’ industry-leading efforts in providing reliable service to customers.
- RENEW Wisconsin – WPS was recognized for its role as a co-owner of the Two Creeks Solar Park, which was named as the 2020 Renewable Energy Project of the Year by RENEW Wisconsin, a nonprofit organization that works to expand the use of renewable energy in the state. Two Creeks Solar Park is the state’s first large-scale solar generation facility and is among the largest solar installations in the eastern half of the United States.
- United Performing Arts Fund (UPAF) – UPAF presented We Energies with the EPIC (Exceptional Performance in a Campaign) Award. The award, which is not often bestowed, acknowledges participating companies that produce exceptional results from their employee giving campaign.
- Waukegan Park District – North Shore Gas received the 2020 Community Service Award in recognition of its support for the advancement of parks, recreation and leisure in the community and the state of Illinois.
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development – WEC Energy Group was one of six companies in Wisconsin to receive the Vets Ready Initiative Award, a new recognition highlighting employers for demonstrating a commitment to hiring veterans, supporting their veteran workforce and connecting with the veteran community.