Awards and recognition
Across our companies, we are focused on the fundamentals of our business: world-class reliability, safety, operating efficiency, customer care and financial discipline. These organizations have recognized our accomplishments:
- Arbor Day Foundation – We Energies was selected for the 17th straight year as a Tree Line USA Utility. The award, sponsored by the National Arbor Day Foundation in cooperation with the National Association of State Foresters, recognizes the company's efforts in providing dependable, reliable service, while using best-practice vegetation management techniques. The award for utilities has three requirements: a program of quality tree care, annual employee training in quality tree-care practices, and tree planting and public education programs.
- Institutional Investor magazine – The magazine named WEC Energy Group Chairman and CEO Gale Klappa to its All-America Executive Team for the sixth consecutive year. In this year’s study, Klappa was ranked as one of the top three electric utility CEOs and the best CEO of a purely regulated utility.
- BizTimes – The publication named WEC Energy Group as its Corporation of the Year for its acquisition of Intergrys Energy Group, which grew WEC’s employee base and regional reach.
- Wealth & Finance Magazine – The magazine named WEC Energy Group as “Best Electric & Natural Gas Provider – USA” in its 2015 Wealth & Finance Business Awards, which recognize firms that demonstrate excellence through innovative methods and outstanding results.
- PA Consulting Group – We Energies won the ReliabilityOne™ Award as most reliable utility in the Midwest for 2014. This was the fifth consecutive year the company won the regional award.
- Public Utilities Fortnightly – The publication ranked Wisconsin Energy third in its 2015 list of “40 Best Energy Companies,” up from fifth in 2014. The annual survey of power and gas company performance ranks companies on the financial categories of profitability, dividend yield, cash flow, return on equity and return on assets – along with a sustainable growth-rate calculation – to produce an overall picture of a company’s value and long-term prospects. The model evaluates four years of results for publicly traded, U.S.-based companies with major assets in energy production, transportation and retail delivery, and positive shareholder value.
- Literacy Services of Wisconsin (LSW) – The organization recognized We Energies with its Key-Maker Award for the company’s many years of support to LSW at the agency’s 50th anniversary celebration. The award is presented to companies that have shown long, consistent and generous support to LSW by providing the needed funds to fuel change and transformation through literacy to unlock the potential of more than 30,000 adults in Wisconsin.
- BizTimes.com – The website recognized We Energies for Innovation in its sustainability practices for energy byproducts by serving as the industry-leading example when it comes to recycling and repurposing waste products from its facilities. In 2014, the company provided more than 1 million tons of combustion products for beneficial use.
- Edison Electric Institute – The organization recognized We Energies and Arizona Public Service Co. as winners of the 2015 Supplier Diversity Innovation (SDI) Award for creative efforts to promote a diverse supplier base. Since 2002, We Energies’ SDI spending increased 966 percent.
- 2020 Women on Boards – The organization named Wisconsin Energy a Winning ‘W’ Company for 2014, recognizing the importance of board diversity and having 20 percent or more women on the board of directors.
- Greater Milwaukee Committee – In conjunction with Milwaukee Women Inc., the organization named Gale Klappa, Wisconsin Energy chairman and CEO, as winner of its third annual Mary Ellen Stanek Award for Diversity in Corporate Governance. The award is given to an individual or entity exhibiting leadership, influence and impact resulting in increased diversity on corporate boards in the region.
- North Central Minority Supplier Development Council – The council named We Energies the 2015 Corporation of the Year for its commitment to supplier diversity.