We are one of the nation’s largest electric generation and distribution and natural gas delivery holding companies, with the operational expertise and financial resources to serve the Midwest’s energy needs safely, reliably and responsibly.
Our subsidiaries focus on reliable service, customer satisfaction and shareholder value. Together, we provide energy services to more than 4.6 million customers in Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota. Our combined assets allow operating efficiencies across 71,000 miles of electric distribution lines, 51,400 miles of natural gas distribution and transmission lines, and 7,700 megawatts of reliable power capacity.
Our family of companies is committed to delivering world-class reliability and the very best customer care anywhere. Customers are the heart of our business, and we work every day to help grow and support communities where we provide vital energy services. As a Fortune 500 company, we value and develop our employees who are making a difference in a mission that matters.
Principal energy companies
- We Energies delivers electricity and natural gas to nearly 2.3 million customers in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Public Service delivers electricity and natural gas to more than 801,000 customers in Wisconsin.
- Peoples Gas delivers natural gas to approximately 884,000 customers in the city of Chicago.
- North Shore Gas delivers natural gas to approximately 164,000 customers in Chicago’s northern suburbs.
- Minnesota Energy Resources delivers natural gas to approximately 248,000 customers in Minnesota.
- Michigan Gas Utilities delivers natural gas to approximately 183,000 customers in Michigan.
- Upper Michigan Energy Resources delivers electricity and natural gas to more than 42,000 customers in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
- Bluewater Gas Storage provides natural gas storage and hub services to 1.5 million natural gas customers of We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service.
- W.E. Power, LLC – designs, builds and owns modern, efficient power plants that are leased to We Energies.
- WEC Infrastructure LLC – holds ownership interests in wind generating facilities that have long-term energy offtake agreements.
- Wispark – develops high-quality, complex real estate projects.
WEC Energy Group FERC company registration data
WEC Energy Group Inc.
231 W. Michigan St.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
FERC regulatory contact: Ted Eidukas, 414-221-4737