Awards and recognition
Across our companies, we are focused on the fundamentals of our business: world-class reliability, safety, operating efficiency, customer care and financial discipline. These organizations have recognized our accomplishments:
- Arbor Day Foundation – We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service (WPS) were again selected as Tree Line USA utilities. The award recognizes the companies’ efforts in providing dependable, reliable service, while using best-practice vegetation management techniques.
- Edison Electric Institute – We Energies was named an Edison Electric Institute Emergency Response Award recipient for restoring power to nearly 210,000 customers after a strong storm hit Wisconsin in August 2021.
- Electric Power Research Institute – Multiple WEC Energy Group employees were presented with Technology Transfer Awards for their achievements in research and development. Researchers in the Environmental department received awards for their work on wastewater and air quality projects.
- FTSE Russell – WEC Energy Group was again included in the FTSE4Good Index Series, which is made up of companies that reflect strong environmental, social and governance risk management practices. This sustainability tool helps investors create investment funds and benchmark their performance.
- Milwaukee Business Journal – The publication honored WEC Energy Group with the 2021 Diversity in Business Award (Large Company category) in recognition of our support for diversity and inclusion, both in the workplace and in our supply chain.
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development – WEC Energy Group again received the Vets Ready Initiative Award, a recognition highlighting Wisconsin employers for demonstrating a commitment to hiring veterans, supporting their veteran workforce and connecting with the veteran community.