Awards and recognition
Across our companies, we are focused on the fundamentals of our business: world-class reliability, safety, operating efficiency, customer care and financial discipline. These organizations have recognized our accomplishments:
- Edison Electric Institute – The organization honored We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service for outstanding work assisting customers impacted by Hurricane Irma in Florida and Georgia in September 2017. Award recipients were chosen by a panel of judges following an international nomination process.
- PA Consulting Group – We Energies won the National ReliabilityOne Award for superior reliability of its electric system. This was the third time the company was recognized as the most reliable electric company in the nation, having won the award in 2004 and 2013. We Energies also received – for the seventh year in a row – the Award for Outstanding Reliability Performance in the Midwest region. We Energies has been recognized by PA Consulting as the most reliable utility in the Midwest 10 out of the past 12 years.
- J.D. Power – Wisconsin Public Service was honored as the best midsize electric company in the Midwest for business customer satisfaction.
- Milwaukee Business Journal – The newspaper recognized Susan Martin, executive vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary of WEC Energy Group, with a Women of Influence award in the Corporate Executive category.
- American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy – We Energies ranked 15th of 51 large electric utilities in its survey for ACEEE’s 2017 Utility Energy Efficiency Scorecard. The company was fifth in the Energy Efficiency Programs category nationally and first among Midwest electric companies. The combined offerings of We Energies and Focus on Energy ensure a wide variety of energy efficiency options for all customers.
- Arbor Day Foundation – We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service were each named a Tree Line USA Utility for their efforts in providing dependable, reliable service, while using best-practice vegetation management techniques in 2016. The criteria for the award, sponsored by the National Arbor Day Foundation in cooperation with the National Association of State Foresters, has three requirements: a program of quality tree care, annual employee training in quality tree-care practices, and tree planting and public education programs.
- CR Magazine – The magazine recognized WEC Energy Group as one of the 100 best corporate citizens in the United States. Each year, CR [corporate responsibility] Magazine evaluates publicly held companies on the basis of environmental performance, employee relations, philanthropy, finance and governance.
- National Association of Minority Contractors – The Wisconsin chapter recognized We Energies’ Supplier Diversity Initiative for its outreach, support, commitment and leadership in minority business development in the Wisconsin construction industry.
- Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) – The organization recognized Joann Henry, market strategist – wholesale energy and fuels, for her leadership in customer efficiency efforts at We Energies. Henry received a Technology Transfer Award for her work on electrification, the application of novel, energy-efficient electric technologies as alternatives to fossil-fueled or nonenergized processes.
- Forbes – The media company listed WEC Energy Group as one of America’s Best Employers. This list of 500 large employers was formed through a survey of 30,000 American workers, with questions measuring the attitude of the employees toward their own company and public perception of the company by industry employees.
- Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce – The chamber presented Charles Matthews, president and CEO – Peoples Gas and North Shore Gas, with the Outstanding Corporate Leadership Award in recognition of his efforts to create and maintain diversity in the companies.
- Minnesota Safety Council – As part of the Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards program, which recognizes Minnesota employers for excellence in safety, the council presented Minnesota Energy Resources with the Outstanding Achievement Award.
- Women’s Business Development Center – The organization presented Charles Matthews, president and CEO – Peoples Gas and North Shore Gas, with the Future Forward Award for the companies’ participation in the Illinois Utilities Business Diversity Council and efforts to support and promote women-owned businesses.